2012-2013 Roster

Go TITANS!!!
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: 2012-2013 Roster

Postby JimmyChitwood » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 am

titanmac wrote:Isn't it time for this thread to die!

And I like that I can find information on all sorts of topics under one thread. One stop shopping. Its not limited to just a roster list.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby AgentNein » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:29 am

retspooh wrote:With Butler exiting, this might be the year they break that 25 win record.

Keep your eyes on Evan Bruinsma, I think he''ll be in championship form. I'm also looking forward to seeing how DA and Calliste develops over the summer. If everyone is healthy, I think we're talking about a memorable season.

2012-13 could very well be our best chance in a long time to get 25+ wins, but the same could be said of last season. Without Minnerath's injury, their regular season record before the conference tournament could've been in the neighborhood of 25-6 (15-3). However, I'm more concerned with conference wins than non-conference wins. I'll trade 14 conference wins for 25 regular season wins 100% of the time.

The team lost a lot of its scoring and rebounding and replaced it with redshirt and juco transfers. Now that I think of it, 25 wins isn't going to drop in our hands now that one team (that had a down season last year) is now gone. Valparaiso, Cleveland State, and Milwaukee are still here and very much a threat. Youngstown State, of all teams, is starting to gain steam as well. On the other hand, Minnerath and Anderson were juco transfers themselves, so the Titans have had a good recent history of getting quality players from there.

I do think that Minnerath's return will be the key to getting us back to the NCAA Tournament. He is our best pure shooter. As for other factors, I hope the bug known as 'selfishness' has been cut off that spread around to the team from one player. That cancerous player is now gone. Cut off the head, and the monster dies. Hopefully that is true here. When the Titans play as an unselfish, cohesive unit, they can dominate any team on the floor.

Since I haven't followed all this off-season moving-around closely, I hope one of our transfers can shoot a 3-pointer with better than 35% accuracy. At least we know Minnerath can. He's a lot more deadly accurate with his mid-range shot, though.

I don't know the Titans schedule this year, so I can't even being to guess their W/L record. Since the Horizon League will now forever be a one-bid league, getting a Top 2 seed will certainly help. Wait, is the Horizon League even going after a 10th team? Eh, if not I guess they'll keep the current system where 1&2 get two byes, but now the 3-seed gets one bye and faces the winner of the 6-7 seed match. Whatever.

I just hope we're not playing on Bowling Green's court again this year, where Nick sustained his injury. I've heard that court absolutely sucks. Doubly so when you take a Charge and a BGSU player just crashes into you full-on. I was one of the few people that watched that incident live. It was a horrible sight. They had to play three games in three days on that garbage court, and just partway into game 2 his season was done.

Best of luck to the Titans this year. We've got three highly skilled players, but I hope the rest of the roster can help fill in the blanks of what we need to pick up where we left off last season, except with true team basketball. Let's put it in simple terms: What happened in the final 26 seconds of that home game against Valpo last season should never happen again. As long as Minnerath remains healthy, I think this team can get it done.
AgentNein
Senior

Postby titanforce » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Nice post there AgentNein. You a scout or recruiter? I think if our big men can rebound and block shots and be defensive stoppers this team has the talent and ability to go a long way.

By the way I was also at the game when Nick got slammed on the Bowling Green court. I remember the look on some of the players and coaches faces when Nick did not get up. They knew the way he plays the game if he did not get up he was hurt bad. I felt for him and the team. From reading the tweets from the team players and especially Nick's I think this team will have some chemistry. I look forward to seeing Ray, Nick, Doug, and Calliste playing together. We just got a little taste last year.
titanforce
Senior

Postby ExcitedTitan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:07 pm

I thought LarryTitan would like to know that Calhoun committed to IUPUFW. :P
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:02 pm

ExcitedTitan wrote:I thought LarryTitan would like to know that Calhoun committed to IUPUFW. :P

As a walk on! https://twitter.com/KyleNeddenriep/stat ... 8258803712
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby larrytitan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:46 pm

I will not bite at this obvious ploy.
larrytitan
Senior

Postby ExcitedTitan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:15 am

Commissioner wrote:As a walk on!

I'm sure not many schools have scholarships available for him next year, unfortunately. I'm sure there is a promise he would get one next year.
larrytitan wrote:I will not bite at this obvious ploy.

;)
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Postby ExcitedTitan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:37 am

I don't think Mark Braden will be a walk-on this coming year.
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:39 pm

ExcitedTitan wrote:I don't think Mark Braden will be a walk-on this coming year.

Give us more information. Has Braden tweeted more obscenities, which make you think he won't be in Detroit this fall?
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby sacredheartgreg » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Hah, good one R.B.J1; maybe wrap a brown paper bag over the twitter account.
sacredheartgreg
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball